Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It's also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can't wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle Partners helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That's why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined. We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and random experts. We know that online learning has the potential to transform higher education, so if you’re interested in being a part of that journey, keep reading!
In your role as Senior DevOps engineer, you’ll lead the DevOps team in building world-class infrastructure environments. You will test-and-iterate, secure, automate and properly scale systems for rapid growth. You will create and document workflows for automation tools to support the software development lifecycle. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer of NoodlePartners. You are expected to interface with the internal development, product teams, and actively communicate with users and stakeholders to keep all members informed, accountable, and clear on expectations.
As our Senior DevOps Engineer you will:
- Design and architect high availability and auto-scalable solutions
- Implement a disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Secure and monitor complex public internet-facing enterprise systems
- Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders at universities and providers across their administrative and technical units
- Manage third-party technology partners and integrating systems
- Train colleagues on best application of learning technologies to achieve program and course outcomes
- Join a thriving start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- OS: Ubuntu, Microsoft Server
- Scripting languages: Python, shell programming
- Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, AWS Opsworks, AWS CLI
- Continuous Integration and deployment experience with Jenkins, TravisCI, Code Climate
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, RDS, CloudFront, Lambda, Cloudtrail, GuardDuty
- Experience using different Security tools such as Qualys, Alertlogic, SonarQube, Synk
- Database machine administration knowledge and experience to install, patching, user management with Relational Databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Cloud Monitoring Tools: CloudWatch, Nagios, Ganglia, Kibana, Carbon, Graphite
- Experience with Active Directory setup and configuration, as well as a strong foundation in other directory service technologies including LDAP, DNS, SSO, and ADFS
- Fluency with DevOps concepts, code deployment processes, microservices, serverless architectures
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, including networking, server management, and information security, and the ability to provide hands-on support
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (CSA) certification is a huge bonus
- 3+ years of software implementation or customer success expertise
- Passion for education and creating compelling online learning experiences
- Familiarity with a wide array of system security-related technologies, in particular, threat detection and security inspection engines
- Love of standardizing processes including testing, building, and documenting the necessary steps for deploying technologies, illustrating workflows, resolving escalated issues, and utilizing support tools
- A strong track record of hitting goals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and build relationships with internal and external organizations
- B.S./B.A. required
Who you’ll work with:
Senior Technical Project Manager - Dani Kim
CIO - Darwin Abella
CTO - Russ Tarafdar
- Work from our beautiful New York office! OR Work from the comfort of your home office!
- Competitive salary, 401K + match, bonus and equity
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Wellness Programs
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
- Maternity / Paternity benefits
Noodle Partners is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
And if you don’t necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the role, because skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and can be based on your life experience.